Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Words Shall Follow



People come and people go
What you mean to me
Only I shall know


For even though,
My eyes speak a world
And my words express
When I say I love you
You just silently stare


You don't get my emotion
Yet, here I stand
Devoid of pretences
My soul stripped bare.


I look you in the eye
And I hope you can see
That you alone
Mean the world to me


On the edge
I took the free fall
I search your expressions
And there's nothing at all


I turn my face
Decide to walk away
You cut across my path
My hurt reflected
In your gaze


You hold out your hand
I shake my head
I see a flicker pass
Across your face


I smile at you
Link my arms with yours
We walk in silence
But it is not hollow


For I saw in that moment
That the words shall follow.

4 comments:

Amropali said...

I hope they do, nai to khali letters ayenge!!

$unshine of the Moon said...

I have no words to express how you crack me up Amropali Debnath.....:)

Paulami said...

some people should read your posts i tell you :|

but good one :)

tumblingwords said...

They definitely shall. :-x

Your poems have been talking to me lately. :-p