Sunday, March 13, 2011

Separations have a way
Of coming back to haunt
I need not be in another world
To feel the distance
That brings us together
And tears us apart
So palpable, that i can almost
Touch it
So bitter, that i almost
Taste it
The cold that has replaced
The warmth
The inches that appear
Miles apart
We can both see the cracks
And the facets hidden beneath
But we hide it behind the desire
Trapped in the loveless quagmire
And with each culmination
My heart demands to know -  
Doesn't it make us cowards
Beneath this shade of denial??
And still i smile
And still i continue
Because I'm so scared
Of hurting you.


3 comments:

Paulami said...

hurt if necessary. cant be worse than the facade :P

$unshine of the Moon said...

Or so I'm being told again and again...

tumblingwords said...

I agree with Polo.